Center Church on the Green
First Church of Christ in New Haven
311 Temple Street, New Haven CT 06511
Church Office: (203) 787-0121
Church Sexton: (203) 824-7647
Please read and understand these rules
RULES FOR USE OF THE CENTER CHURCH FACILITIES
Thank you for your interest in use of the Center Church facilities. As both a historical and currently vivid ministry in downtown New Haven, we welcome opportunities to serve through allowing our worship and reception facilities to be used for events which provide community service, celebration, and personal solace and healing. We offer the following rules in an effort to communicate clearly with you and your organization. Please feel free to call the Sexton with any questions or concerns.
1) No smoking, alcohol, or chewing gum are permitted in any of the facilities at any time.
2) No open flames (e.g., candles and the like) are permitted in any of the facilities at any time.
3) No food or drink is permitted in the Meeting House, which is our worship facility.
4) No parking is permitted on weekdays at either Center Church facility.
5) The Sexton will be your contact with Center Church and will facilitate all building use. The Sexton represents Center Church and must be deferred to on particular questions of building use before and during your event and its clean-up.
6) No external doors, at either Center Church facility, may be propped open unattended.
No one is permitted in the choir loft at the Meeting House AT ANY TIME. If members of your group enter the choir loft and organ areas, your group may be charged a $100.00 fine. This fine is in addition to any regular fees, and/or any additional fees for damages.
No one is permitted on the second floor or basement level of the Parish House. If members of your group enter these areas for any reason except emergency evacuation, your group may be charged a $100.00 fine. This fine is in addition to any regular fees, and/or any additional fees for damages.
NO TAPE OR ANY ADHESIVE USAGE ON ANY WALLS. Tape may be used on GLASS surfaces only. Use bulletin boards on site if necessary. Site is inspected before and after every event; repairs of fresh damage to delicate paint surfaces may be billed back to your organization.
8) Required fee(s), must be paid directly to the Center Church office, in person or by federal or commercial postal service, no later than one week prior to your event. The fees include insurance, custodial services, etc. Such custodial services cover reasonable cleaning needs. If custodial and/or damage impact to Center Church facilities is beyond reasonable, Center Church retains the right to bill you or your organization to recover additional cleaning/damage costs.
9) The maximum number of persons permitted in the Meeting House (our formal worship facility) is 640; the maximum number of persons permitted in Parish House (our reception facility) is 200.
Your signature (checkbox on Facilities Use Form) binds you and/or your organization in contractual obligation to these rules. Further, you hereby release The First Church of Christ in New Haven, the Center Church on-the-Green, from liability for loss or damage to persons and properties in or on the Center Church property for the duration of the scheduled event, as well as for the duration of all your set-up and clean-up for such event.
By your signature (checkbox on Facilities Use Form), you and your organization agree to safeguard the security of the building, and to honor the facilities as places of worship.